1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prayers needed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Oct 15, 2007.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I need prayers, not only for me but for some of the kids in my youth group at church. The things kids go through these days just amazes me sometimes.

One girl in the youth group is really going through a lot. Without going into too much detail, her grandpa is going on trial soon for something he did to her and her little brother recently. To top that off, her mom is big into drugs and from what I've heard, doesn't play a big part in her life.

Last night after youth group, her and one of the adult sat in the sanctuary and talked for about 10 minutes while I kept an eye on the other kids. When she came out you could tell she had been crying and that something was wrong. She went in the bathroom and two kids went in to use the bathroom before we left to take all the kids home. They saw her crying and wouldn't leave her alone, asking her every 5 seconds what was wrong. I asked her if she was OK, she said yes, and I left it at that.

Eventually we get in the church van to take the kids home. We drop off two of the kids and the girl that all this is happening to was the last to be dropped off. The head youth leader and myself get back on the road and he tells me what's been going on with her. My heart just sank when I found out what had happened. In the six or seven months I've been with the youth group this is one girl that has grown particularly close with me and I've grown close to her.

After I get home I go in my room and am on the verge of tears praying to God for her. I can't find the words to say and I don't know if I feel angry, sad or whatever, so I just listen to what He has to say to me. As a Christian, I know He has everything in control and there's really nothing I can do except pray and be there for her.

I'm just worried she'll have to testify at the trial because her mom probably won't do it. And I don't know what having to relive everything will do to her.

So I come to you all out here asking for prayers for her and her family and I was just looking to get this off my chest. Thanks for reading.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

KY, I wish you and her the best.

I am nowhere near that strong, so I am amazed by your strength in being willing to turn this over to a higher power.

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Hope things take a turn for the better, KY.

Draft saved Draft deleted