1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PR people in NASCAR

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Speedway, Jul 18, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I gotta say, with a screen name like GRUDGE, I saw that one coming.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

almost like someone started a new screen name just for this thread.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

No doubt. He should have been all flowery and thoughtful, that would have thrown everyone off the scent

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well, GRUDGE signed up two months ago and hates Fox News, so they are cool with me.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

damn you and your research.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Momma always told if I couldn't say anything nice, not to say anything. Raygan and I started out in the same part of the world years and years ago. She writes pretty fluffy stuff.

7. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

The worst I've ever dealt with is Jeff Gordon's jackass - I mean flunky, I mean shadow, I mean ass kissing boot-licking stooge, I mean PR nightmare - Jon Edwards.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Then what the hell are you doing here?

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Maybe I'm an oddball, too, and I haven't been around the sport in a while and wasn't around it full-time (but enough to know). But with the exception of a guy who is now in jail (maybe if I was a 12-year-old girl he would have helped), I've always had good luck with NASCAR people. Jim Hunter, in particular, has bent over backwards to help me more than once.
    Team folks are hit or miss. Some of the best I know are in the field. Some of the worst I know are in that field. Ray Cooper, RIP, was terrific as a manufacturer's rep. I wish they were all like Ray.

RedSmithClone, I must have caught Edwards in another cycle. Never, ever had a problem with him, with Gordon.

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Coming this fall:

"The Martinsville Hot Dog - Miracle Gastrointestinal Purgative, or Three Big Bites of Heaven?"

11. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Careful ... that kind of talk is tantamount to sacrilege in those parts.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I can only say I never had a problem with any NASCAR PR people, teams, manufacturers, or the org itself. Except for that time I asked for a copy of the rule book. Hey, I didn't know it was a secret!
    BUT, as a columnist at a big-city Yankee daily, I may well have gotten special treatment for marketing purposes.

Draft saved Draft deleted