1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PR assistant, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by playthrough, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Weird thing about this job is that I can't figure out if it's a glorified internship or if it's a full-time, salaried job. I've asked some of my friends in NFL PR departments, but they can't figure it out either. If it's a full-time gig, then you'll more than likely need to have an "in"... either know someone with the Bucs or have someone in your network that is friendly with someone in the Bucs PR department. If it's a glorified internship - which I think is likely since it asks about housing - then this position will more than likely only be available to someone in the area.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Hmmm, always been able to find housing for rent wherever I landed. And I'm by no means wealthy. Doesn't strike me as that big of a deal. You pack up, move, rent an apartment... presto!

3. Try finding rent when you're a 22-year old, unpaid intern... That's what makes me think this is an internship.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Ditto. And, yeah, I was an intern in my early 20s too. So I know what you mean.

Draft saved Draft deleted