1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PR assistant, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by playthrough, Jan 1, 2010.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

http://footballjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/r.cfm?i=27222

Public Relations Assistant - Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Tampa, FL)

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers organization seeks to hire an organized, detail-oriented and professional Public Relations Assistant. This position reports to the Director of Public Relations.

The Public Relations Assistant will be responsible to:
    • Provide administrative support for the Public Relations department to include management of incoming telephone calls, email and mail of a confidential nature, filing, preparation of correspondence, coordination of meetings and conferences.
    • Oversee credential process for department and for media for all home games.
    • Promote and coordinate media exposure for Public Relations events.
    • Develop and maintain effective relationships with local, national and international media.
    • Develop and maintain strong working relationships with every level of the organization, including players, coaches and management.
    • Perform other duties as assigned.

The ideal candidate should have:
    • A Bachelor's Degree
    • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
    • Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
    • The ability to work independently and demonstrate innovation and initiative
    • A strong work ethic and the ability to thrive in a deadline driven environment
    • The ability to work long and flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
    • Proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook)

Due to the volume of resumes received, candidates should not mail, email or fax resumes. Only resumes submitted online will be considered for the position. No phone calls, please.

Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:

1. Yes/No: I have housing in the Tampa Bay area

2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

If you answer no in response to that that last required question, does that mean you'll be eliminated from consideration?

3. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

Perhaps. But answering yes to it, then having them call you at your house in Nevada may be a bit worse.

4. Runnin Rebel

Runnin Rebel Member

How did you know I lived in Nevada?!?

;-)

5. ekaberon

ekaberon New Member

Is there a way to say that an applicant would be willing to move to Tampa if given the job opportunity? I currently live in Chicago but would travel for the right job.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Can't believe the Bucs posted this before the one for head coach.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Just hit yes on the housing question.

That is part of the online PR form, and I am sure it is the 1,765th thing they are looking at when making this hire.

Now if you were or are an NFL beat writer with web page experience and some publishing background, then I am sure they will be interested.

Honestly, I cannot believe a position this sweet would not have 8-10 strong candidates applying in the Florida area.

8. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

So you'd have housing, right? Click yes.

9. JJHHI

JJHHI Member

Yeah, lying on the application is always a sound decision. Stop in Orlando on your way down and ask George O'Leary.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Lying about what? Having housing in Tampa?

I have not looked at it, but if it's like most online applications, every hire in the organization uses the form. So there will be some crap on there that the PR department could give two shits about, but the sales department, for example, would care about.

11. JJHHI

JJHHI Member

Yes, it would be a lie to check "Yes" if you do not, in fact, have housing in Tampa. And that would not be advisable regardless of which department would care about it.

12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

what's the estimated salary for this, 65-75k?

Draft saved Draft deleted