1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poz bitch-slaps Chass

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by lantaur, Mar 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Bull Shit DD. The guy did not like how the place was run and decides to start his own. Fine. Then he spends most of time trashing this place on his own sight. Now he comes crawling back here because his own place has become a burned out tenement and he wants to be welcomed with open arms - Bull shit. He's picked up right where he left off. If someone wants to come back and reinvent themselves fine, but don't comeback and pull the same bullshit stuff you did before.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Well, he did call a legend a racist (with little proof) and use it as a club to bash Obama.

I'm not a Midwesterner (by birth anyway), but Stan is beloved throughout the center of the country. I'm not surprised this raised more hell than his usual blog.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Maybe this should be the official running bitch-slap thread.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

This thread was started because of who wrote the piece in response to Murray. Poz is the coolest kid in town these days. Certainly nothing wrong with that, but I think the general love for him among the people on this site is why this particular Chass thread was started. I don't think there was any shock or surprise involved.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Funny how things can change. There was a time around here that anyone who would dare criticize the work of Murray would get bitch slapped by the membership.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

This is such a tired line of thinking. Wah! Pos is the cool kid. Everyone blows The Jones. No one is allowed to criticize MacGregor. You're not allowed to not like Charlie Pierce or S.L. Price. Wah!

If you would like to criticize these people, go ahead and do so. If you wish to rip Joe Posnanski on the merits, do so. If I disagree, I'm likely going to offer a counter argument.

There are no fucking cool kids. There are people who write well, and there are people whose work a lot of people genuinely admire. This is a bad thing?

There are certainly people here who get uncomfortable when someone gets too much praise and feel it's their job to stand on the other side of the scale. It's rarely about the work as much as it is "I don't like it when someone gets blown too often." And that's a shame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.