1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poster of the Year Exploratory Committee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Official announcement for the SportsJournalists.com Awards will be made over Thanksgiving Weekend.

Stay tuned.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Thank you, BYH, but I have to decline the nomination.
    While I am very good looking, I lack substance and character.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Is this another sign of the apocalypse?

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I might be able to rustle up a triple heart-attack Hardee's burger for Freelance to throw a little voter fraud my way.

Have you had the Kobe beef, Freelance?

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Yes, he used to work at a hotel in Colorado.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

My Top five

Whitlock
    Lugnuts
    Buck

Well, its a top three.

And I will go ahead and say it. The boots thread has lost a lot of steam. When a large number of posts in the thread are self-congratulatory and talk about how great the thread is, the thread has jumped the shark (or whatever term the kids are using these days).

7. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I'll take it then. I, too, and very good looking. While I may lack substance, I was told by my parents long ago that I am quite the character.

Two outta three ain't bad.
    /meatloaf

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You ain't getting in Lugnuts' pants by voting her poster of the year. Whitlock's neither.

Buck, well .... I gotta be honest. You have a shot.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You needed to drop the Canes from the top 25 a lot sooner than you did. Sorry, man, that cost you my vote.

10. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Shouldn't flash be considered for Newbie of the Year? I could have sworn seeing those funbags for the first time earlier this year.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, this was supposed to be announced around Thanksgiving, but in a board of journos, I guess it was bound to come out. But the official first slogan will not be announced until the POY campaign officially begins.

And spnited, this time I have something to work with. I can run a campaign; I cannot perform miracles.

12. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Hey, anyone could start arguments by posting crazy stuff. Just look at Yawn and Poindexter. You really wanna be in that group?

POY should require a lot of creativity, like, say, if someone took all the SportsJournalists.com catchphrases, insides jokes and poster tendencies and rolled them into one (or two) posts. That would be POY material.

Draft saved Draft deleted