1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Post-Oscars 2014

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Feb 23, 2015.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Hawke is one of those people, and I think he's a good actor, but he comes across as such a pretentious douche in most of the interviews he does.

heyabbott likes this.
  2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I totally get why Birdman won, but I don't think history will look back at it as a truly great film.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I have a 5 1/2 year old son, who is wonderful, and it's already tough, emotionally, when I think about the fact that his childhood is moving right along.

Am I going to be able to handle watching "Boyhood," those who have seen it?

4. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

I have a lot of respect for Lady Gaga's intelligence and talent. However, I don't want to listen to anybody sing a Sound of Music medley. I found that one of the weirdest segments of the show. I'm assuming its inclusion was a reflection of Lady Gaga's ability to market herself.

John Travolta is so icky.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Not likely. I couldn't and I think I'm mentally tougher that you are Dick ;):D
    It's a very emotional thought provoking film. Never saw it coming.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Can't wait to hear some of the talk radio reaction today. Sean Hannity's head might explode on the air.
    Yes they're friends, and Inarritu was said to have laughed it off, but that would have been a career-ending comment for 99.9 percent of people in the entertainment industry regardless of their relationship. Plenty of people have seen their careers end over far less.
    The reaction (or lack thereof) is astounding. I suppose it shows just how much liberal street cred Sean Penn has.

7. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Haven't seen it yet. When it came out, it just kind of seemed like one of those movies that is more for critics. I'll see it eventually. I love the actors in it.

Loved American Sniper, Whiplash and Theory of Everything. Thought Boyhood was good, but overrated. Was disappointed by Selma. I'll see Birdman and Imitation Game. I have not liked the last few Wes Anderson movies and I really have no desire to see Grand Budapest Hotel. I liked the first three movies he directed and haven't liked anything of his since...

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The hair, the chain, Travolta has ceased to be human.

[​IMG]

bigpern23 likes this.
  9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

He looks embalmed.

10. bigpern23

I don't think you can discount their relationship. And it's probably the one thing Sean Penn has ever said that conservatives would agree with, so that probably accounts for some of the lack of reaction.

11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Yeah, liberals never mean what they say.

12. bigpern23

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you think Sean Penn seriously wondered aloud how Innaritu got his green card?

Draft saved Draft deleted