1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Post-Dispatch SE (big surprise, right?)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Riddick, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yes, some no-count suck dog idiot - took a cushy job out of newspapers.

2. MMatt60

MMatt60 Member

Ah, now I'm up to speed. Congrats.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

No-count suck dog idiot?

4. Moderator1

Chotchnozzle, too. Forgot that. Trust me, The Pipeline knows the guy.

5. Moderator1

And now back to the news at hand.

I don't know if they call them assistants, associates, deputies or what in St.L. but Lori Shontz is one of them. Just not for long. She's heading to Miami to become the Herald's Sunday Editor.
    GREAT get for them, BIG loss for St. Louis and any new editor who comes aboard. You'd have a strong manager already in place and willing/able to help you out and that is going to be crucial in this situation.

I admit a bias. Lori is on my all-time top 10 favorites list. She was my roomie in Sydney. Get yer heads out of the gutter. Two rooms in media housing shared one bathroom and that was us. But I assure you many, many, many others think of Lori as highly as I do and will echo what a great move this is for Miami.

6. MMatt60

MMatt60 Member

I also have heard she is very good. I believe the Herald's initial inclination was to hire her for a lesser job, so she must have impressed them, too.

7. Dale Cooper

Dale Cooper Member

Lori is fantastic. One of the best at accessing the human element in everything/everyone she covers. Great for her, great for Miami.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Wonderful woman. Met her once, and she is the epitome of class. Great feature writer, too.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So... it's not you then...

10. Moderator1

Uh, the word current? I'm not a current SE.
    So, no, it is not me.

11. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

from what i understand, some quality people have applied for this one and haven't even gotten the call. they need to get their heads out of their asses cause every second this gig remains open, things get worse.

12. Moderator1

They've got a field of three now, all reputable. Not a slouch in the bunch. Don't know if this Lori news will make them say Whoa. It damn sure would me. Not sure of the management structure in that department but that's a major hit.

Draft saved Draft deleted