1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Possible opening at The Santa Fe New Mexican

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by jbarron, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Priscilla is a great sportswriter who added a lot to the New Mexican. To imply she is a flighty chick running after some guy is disrespectful and not entirely truthful. I think a question like this should have been left for her to answer, if she chose to do so.

2. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Cadet, I didn't read that in to it at all. Just read it that she was chasing her dreams with her boyfriend.
    Besides, someone choosing to have a life besides what they do is not something most of us would sneeze at.

3. jbarron

jbarron New Member

Now, where did I say she was flighty? Somebody asked why she left, and I told. Perhaps I should have left that part for her to answer, but it is the truth. I mean, after all, <i>I worked with her. </i>
    And I'm happy for Priscilla. I have nothing but love for her and her work at the paper. She is a damn good journalist, and she'll be missed.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Might deserve it's own thread, but perhaps the Albuquerque Journal hiring freeze is open. Seeking a sports copy editor (posted July 12).

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=802551

5. JoeWarren

JoeWarren New Member

There have been some really good people to go through the New Mexican, and there are still some really good people there. It's got a good rep for being a quality paper (no doubt because of the people working there). Just know that low 30s there is like mid 20s most places because of the cost of living. Think California-esque. That's what happens when movie stars invade.

Draft saved Draft deleted