1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Possible GOP vice presidents

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deskslave, Jan 29, 2008.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

I'm fine with kleeda's odds.

2. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Oh be careful with this one. I've been saying it since before the damn primaries started. I want a McCain-Lieberman ticket something fierce, but you get a load of shit from both sides on this one.

Just back away slowly . . .

3. pallister

pallister Guest

There was a wire story tonight saying Lieberman wasn't interested.

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

You really think the "middle," whatever the hell it is, doesn't believe in evolution, or would be comfortable with a president who doesn't?

5. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Loves me some Lieberman. He kept my record of electing senators intact. Wonder how he plays in Ohio though.

6. RedSmithClone

Yeah I saw that after I posted.

I personally think that sucks. I think he would have actually been elected as VP this time around with a real candidate leading the ticket.

7. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

I'm not convinced he's out.

8. RedSmithClone

Like I said I hope not. Especially in a year when people are crying for "CHANGE". I mean seriously, Obama may know how to say it in a speech 300 times, but a bi-partisan ticket - let's be serious, Lieberman is a Democrat, is change in actions not just words.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The VP choice is obvious... Condi Rice.
    Not on the list for Republican VP .. Jeb Bush

On the serious side, if the Republicans want a strong, serious, centrist woman in the No. 2 slot, how about former NJ Governor and former DEP chair Christie Whitman?

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Sooner or later, Fenian will be on here to tell you Lieberman is NOT a Democrat.

11. RedSmithClone

I like the Condi idea, but she doesn't seem interested in running for office.

How about Colin Powell?

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

How about the Easter Bunny?

Draft saved Draft deleted