1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Posnanski Leaving SI

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Azrael, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

so you're saying she's gone?

3. UIScribe26

UIScribe26 New Member

What is this USA Today/MLB partnership entail anyway? Are they going to create a website to try and out-pace MLB.com and other baseball sites or what?

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Does anyone know if Selena Roberts has left SI?

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

6. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Some "hints" on his new venture:

"A few hints based on some of your questions: It's not a baseball project; it's not a USA Today specific project; it's not something that will have me writing less, and it's not a project that will require learning Jiu jitsu or how to speak Portuguese (though I could choose to try and learn those things, if I wish)."

http://joeposnanski.blogspot.com/2012/04/quick-update.html

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Smells like World Cup, doesn't it?

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

It will not involve hard-hitting journalism.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Quickly! To the Sambadrome!

10. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

I've seen this accusation about JoePos thrown out, but have yet to see it backed up (since we haven't actually seen the output of his JoePa book). As I've said in other threads, although Joe might be a "nice" guy, I actually find him to be one of the more critical journalists out there. He often mocks managers for boneheaded decisions and points out the weaknesses of players. He just does it using well thought out and reasoned arguments rather than over-the-top rip jobs or moralizing.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

If it gets Posnanski back to being a columnist, and not a feature writer, it'll be a start.

His work at SI was fine. And that's all it was.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

His long-form features for the magazine were fine. But his blog posts and back-page columns were often tremendous, better than his work at the Star.

Draft saved Draft deleted