1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Portis on female reporters: "...somebody got to be appealing to her."

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zimbabwe, Sep 14, 2010.

1. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

This.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Most FNC viewers would ogle her cans, then seek to deport her.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Goofball is as goofball does. And if you work that hard to make yourself seem like a jackass, you deserve to be viewed as a jackass.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I think there's an element of truth somewhere in what Portis said, but it's not the whole truth and it skews what the Jets case is all about.

Do reporters of both genders notice when they're interviewing or even around someone attractive from the opposite sex? Of course. It's human nature. To suggest otherwise would be delusional.

However, the majority of media members of both genders also have the maturity to put the attractiveness of those around them aside and do their jobs. If I see an attractive female reporter at an event I cover, it's not going to effect my ability to do my job one iota. Same for female reporters.

That's the heart of the Jets case. Those morons let the attractiveness of the Mexican reporter affect their jobs, not the other way around. No matter how she dressed, they were the ones who showed they couldn't control themselves.

5. dooley_womack1

Oh, you know your supple ass puts the female reporters in a tizzy

6. dooley_womack1

If she runs into the right psychopath, sure.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Shawn Green think Portis is goofy.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Am I the only one with visions of Dana Carvey as George Michael - "It's a perfect circle!"?

10. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Portis is entitled to his opinion. Of course, it is that kind of thinking that leads to guys having four day suspensions for waving their penises around in Georgia.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That shouldn't be a problem.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Portis is an idiot. Giving his quote space without getting quotes from other NFL players, makes NFL players look that much worse when it might be an unfair representation.

Draft saved Draft deleted