1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Popping my football stat-keeping cherry tomorrow...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Jay Sherman, Aug 28, 2008.

1. MGoBlue

MGoBlue Member

What a disgusting name for a string.
    MODDY!

2. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

I'm right there with Jay -- kept pxp before, but this is my first solo attempt at tracking stats. That was the closest thing I'd seen to what I had in mind when I started looking for a sheet. Guess I'll find out tonight whether or not it's going to work for me ...

Update: not bad. Like the divided rushing/receiving yardage boxes for running totals. Passing box is waytoodamnsmall, though, at least on the letter-size one. A little tweaking here and there when I get a chance, and I think I'll keep it.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

4. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Two pens, team colors for me. Love those Pilot G-2s y'all got me hooked on too much to go for the Bic.

5. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I, too, am a G2 guy. But for high school football, it's the 4-color Bic all the way.

6. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

How many papers are running a full box on a high school game these days. At the Orlando Sentinel, it was only a scoring summary.

My first game for the DMN tonight needs a full box, but only a couple of paragraphs ... It's still a check.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Um, eight?

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

We're only putting them online now, but we still have to produce the full box score.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Bic 4-color pen. :) Except I used it primarily for PBP --- red, black, blue and green covers just about every color combo out there.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

And it is great for hoops as well.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

12. It's a trick question because it would be a bye week.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The West Texas papers still do, though I'm not sure about Lubbock.

My new shop does full boxes.

Draft saved Draft deleted