1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pop Culture Blind Spots

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Feb 8, 2013.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Oh, one other one: cock rings. Missed the whole cock-rings fad.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

What about the Arab Strap era?

3. Key

Key Well-Known Member

So, uh, how'd you come about the "Captain Kirk" handle?

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Some people are named Kirk.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Or even Captain.

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I've never had my bikini line waxed.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

True. There's Captain Munnerlyn, plays safety for the Panthers. And Captain Crunch.
    Also Cap'n Stabbin', although I don't think that's his given Christian name.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watched an episode once while on vacation and didn't get the acclaim of The Wire. It just didn't grab me. It kept appearing at the top of my Netflix suggestions so I put it in my queue. Watched the first disc of three episodes and I was hooked. Must have burned through all seasons over the next couple of weeks and figure I helped keep Blockbuster afloat for another couple of months because I was mainlining that shit, five-six discs at a time....

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

-- Never seen more than 5 minutes of a Bond movie

-- Ditto Harry Potter

-- Ditto LOTR

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I went to college with a guy whose given name was General Morgan Davis -- named after a military man in his family. He just went by Morgan, though.

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

In general, I haven't followed any TV show -- reality or otherwise -- since the X-Files.

And I literally didn't own a TV from my college years (early 1990s) until about 1997. So any references to TV shows in the past two decades are lost on me.

But don't worry: I've got enough useless rock music and Big Ten sports trivia in my head to make up for it ...

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You've summed up my 'Big Bang theory' watching. I thought it was terrible, but the reruns are in constant rotation. By the third or fourth rerun, I was fan.

Draft saved Draft deleted