1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

POLL: What do you drive?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lono, Dec 15, 2008.

?

It seems like a good time to ask what brand of car or light truck you drive.

1. Big Three (GM, Ford or Chrysler)

72 vote(s)
    49.3%
  2. Japanese brand

64 vote(s)
    43.8%
  3. European brand

5 vote(s)
    3.4%
  4. Korean brand

5 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Pontiac here. It runs and is paid off. That means it rules.

2. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

A new Chrysler product. And a used Honda. I love them both equally. But ask me five years from now when the 11-year-old Honda is outperforming the five-year-old Chrysler.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

1. 1997 Buick Park Avenue (cost me $200 [love my rich aunt] and only has 76,000 miles) -- was that the proper punctuation for an extra thought inside of a parentheses? Shotglass?

2. 1998 Dodge Dakota. We owe on it, but it only has 115,000 miles. Plus, it just towed a trailer across the country.

I really dig my truck, but I'm sure it's not actually that nice.

As far as Buick is concerned, well, this is the second Buick I've owned and the last one lasted me until 220,000 and I still sold it for $50. I think it is a pretty good car, personally.

In the future? I'd like to get a hybrid or something like that.

4. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Angola, how did you have a Buick that went 220,000? I used to tool around in a 1993 Buick LeSabre that I took good care of, and it started falling to pieces right after it hit 100,000. I finally sold it for $200 to a guy named Jubilee for his wife, Gala.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

When my car rolled off the assembly line, Steve Spurrier was coaching a team in the Carolinas --- Duke.

1990 Lexus 400.

Speedometer stopped working about a year ago.

Odometer quit working about 8 months ago . . . with 215,000 miles on it.

Other than that, a fine machine.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

2003 Acura RSX Type-S

Before this: Nissan Maxima, Geo Storm GSi (aka Isuzu Impulse) and Datsun 280Z.

Slight Japanese theme here ...

7. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Wife and I split time driving a 2006 Mazda3 and a 2003 Oldsmobile Alero. Both run pretty damn well, though the Olds is showing signs of being the lesser car - creakier doors this winter, a couple more service calls in the past couple years, stuff like that. It's paid off though...

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

It was a 1985 Buick Electra. It wasn't pleasant there at the end, but it ran. The interior of the roof fell off, and the passenger side mirror fell off and the stereo only worked when I had the headlights on, but it ran. Oh, and the driver's side window would only roll halfway down, or it would fall into the door.

I got it with about 175,000 on it for $100, and I guess I took good care of it, I don't know. I always figured Buick's were well-built cars because they were considered "vaguely luxury."

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I'm rockin a '97 Buick LeSabre, about 118,000 miles on it. Still running. Just had to put a new tranny in it, tho.

10. A '93 Chevy Caprice that my parents bought in 1998 and gave to me as my first car when I turned 16. It had 20,000 miles on it at the time. They got it cheap when the old lady who had been driving it died and it was the last thing her son had to sell.

Now, it's up to about 200,000 miles. Gas kills me, but that's all made up for by the fact I've never had a car payment.

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I am so envious of every person that has their car paid off. May of 2011 will be the best month of my life.

12. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Drive a '92 Honda Accord. 160K miles, still runs great.

Also have a '99 Chevy Prizm, which I still count as a Japanese car since it's basically a Corolla with a Chevy badge and a slightly firmer suspension (and a smaller price tag). My GM-nut friends don't even consider it a GM car.

Draft saved Draft deleted