1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

POLL: Favorite all-time SJ.com line

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wickedwritah, Feb 5, 2007.

?

What is your favorite all-time SJ.com line?

1. Finished on her grill -- Westcoastvol

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. "I have always wanted to boots a girl, but the one time I had a chance in college the only lube pres

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. "With her, the back door was the front door and it was a very good door. It needed oiling very badly

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. Other

11 vote(s)
    34.4%
  5. "I'm going to get a FUCKING HAIRCUT!" -- Bubbler

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
  6. Vats of dong -- Tron

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Thank you, J_D, for remembering the necessary "e", which both classes up the joint and distinguishes your significant other's face from the neighbor's Weber kettle.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

An the description of Notre Dame hotdogs bears repeating here--except I've forgotten the exact words.

Paging Starman..........................

Nothing will ever top it. Nothing.

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

My girlfriend was raised in the sticks, is kind of a goody-goody and is very naive about sexual matters, or at least she was until she started dating me.

I asked if I could go all Hawaiian on her grill...she looked confused and said "It's too cold to want to cook outside."

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I believe it was, "..fetid tubes of flesh, floating in a tub of malodorous swill..."

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Gotta go with Westcoast on this one. I missed the Bubbler line.

6. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Maybe not the "all-time line" ... but one that I truly laughed out loud to.
    Jones' retort is great.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Jones has plenty of good lines. Props to Cadet for the Frankenberry find.

8. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

splitting, rancid tubes of rotting flesh, floating in a fetid tub of malodorous swill.

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Two of my favorites come from Johnny D. First was when he came up with the name of this SportsJournalists.com 'bar': "Jeers. Where nobody knows your name."

And then, I loved this line:

"Someone starts a thread, and someone responds with an affirmation, and then someone else plays devil's advocate in a smart-ass way, and the person that starts the thread gets defensive, and then someone else chimes in to support the original post, and then support for the contrary position emerges, and then people start calling each other names, and then someone hijacks the thread, then someone complains about the momentum of the hijacking, and the next shift comes on and adds substance to the original topic, only to be met with more angry rants from both sides just looking for a fight, and then the topic becomes political, and the usual pissing matches find a new home, and someone asks people to keep the politics out of the thread, and someone reminds us this is why one political thread would be best, and then the original poster clarifies the original post, and people renew their arguments and redraw their lines in the sand, and then a moderator steps in and warns that the thread is dangerously close to crossing the line because of the NSFW posts and pictures nobody saw because they were removed too quickly for anybody to see them, and then everyone asks what they missed, and nobody knows, and it becomes this big thing, and then the thread finally gets back on track, and then it dies for a day or two, and languishes on Page 3, and then someone who was busy for two days finds it and restarts the whole argument, and someone really likes that take and declares the thread ended, and then someone says they hate when someone does that, and then someone says too bad, and then someone lists their own pet peeve, and then you get five pages of pet peeves, and then someone starts a new thread on pet peeves, and then someone complains about run-on sentences and throws out a reference to their old English teacher, as if we are using old English nowadays ... "

10. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Edited because BYH obviously doesn't know how to get excited about a hotdog.

11. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Never saw this one in its original context, but it's got my vote. Apt comes to mind. Very apt.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"Box of chopped assholes."

Two years later that phrase is stuck in my head.

Draft saved Draft deleted