1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

POLL: Do the Cowboys get rid of Romo?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Dec 30, 2012.

?

Will the Cowboys get rid of Tony Romo in 2013?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    22.1%
  2. No

53 vote(s)
    77.9%
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I think this game, and especially that last INT, was it. I don't exactly know who would replace him -- Matt Flynn, Alex Smith and maybe Chad Henne are the only names I can think of off the top of my head -- but there are often hidden options when there's money available, and this is Jerry we're talking about.

But it's clear the Cowboys are stuck in barely good enough/not good enough land as long as he's there.

I'm not sure if Garrett stays, I think he probably does, but I don't think a 33-year-old quarterback with one career playoff victory and all that boneheadedness and star-crossed history is going to get them anywhere.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Haha. That's a 3-13 team with any of the stiffs you mentioned. They may be underachieving chokers with Romo, but they'd flat-out suck with some journeyman QB.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Shades of Danny White, with a twist. Can't win the big one, and will find a way to lose it.

4. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Definitely this. Romo may not be elite by any stretch, but who is better and available?

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I don't think any of the three names you mentioned would be an improvement.

If the Cowboys want to draft a rookie and see what happens, even just to put a little heat on Romo, I could see that, especially based on what's happened in the league this year.

I know the immediate reaction to this loss from the fan base will be a "Dump Romo" drum beat, but I don't think it will actually happen.

6. LongTimeListener

Yeah that's obviously the big concern. Draft won't help either. But this is as far as they're going with him.

The three INTs tie him with Brees for the season championship.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Tony Romo is the Lovie Smith of quarterbacks.

8. LongTimeListener

That is an excellent way of putting it.

And I'd probably get rid of Lovie too.

9. Chris17

Chris17 Member

Will the Cowboys get rid of Tony Romo, or should?

Different answers.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Only one man for the job.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

No. Jerra is all-in on Romo. And he knows best. Just ask him.

12. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

He is money as a fantasy QB. Seriously.

But after seven years as the starter in a place like Dallas, he has done nothing and should be shipped out. If something was going to happen there, it would have by now.

Draft saved Draft deleted