1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: 76 percent feel country on wrong track

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deskslave, Jun 20, 2008.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

If you have to ask, then obviously you're not on the right track. :D

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

All tracks lead to Tahoe anyway.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm sorry it came out that way.

"Military time" is not what I meant at all.

It's VOTING for the GOP --- which 80+ percent of military personnel do --- that I meant by supporting them

Voting for a party that sent you on a war of choice . . . without proper body armor or properly armored vehicles . . . and told you to spend a decade fighting a counterinsurgency (something you were in no way trained to do) . . . and then, when you get home, they put you in a rat-infested hospital . . . tell you to refund part of your bonus check (because you left early!!!!) . . . coerce the doctors into not diagnosing PTSD (because the disability payments were too high) . . . and then refuse to increase veterans' benefits.

My opinion can be swayed, however.

But if, as I suspect, John (100 years in Iraq) McCain wins an overwhelming majority of the military vote in November . . . my position stands.

4. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I guess my point was, that question is too general to be answered "yes" or "no."

My answer would be yes AND no. Which I'm guessing wouldn't be an answer they'd accept.

5. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Not sure how recently the statistics were updated, but Ron Paul and Barack Obama were 1-2 in donations from military members. That pretty much says it all.

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Because it sucks?

Draft saved Draft deleted