1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

poll: 1/3 of american public suspects federal complicity connected with 9/11

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Herbert Anchovy, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/279827_conspiracy02ww.html

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Sad. One third of Americans also approve of the job George W. Bush is doing as President.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I hope the follow-up question was . . .

"Who did you vote for in the 2004 presidential election?"

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Somehow, I doubt it is the same third.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's it? Only one-third? Seems like a pretty obvious theory to me these days.

I'd say more but I have to cover the apartment in tinfoil.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, the U.S. government did seem to show a startling lack of intelligence by failing to act on all the warnings and process all the clues, but that's nothing new.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Dude, when I get my black helicoptor out of the shop I am so coming after you for all those Cub jokes.

8. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I'm more disturbed that a third of people polled think the U.S. government had something to do with Sept. 11 than that a third think W. is doing a good job. I mean, to think that the government let innocent people die in order to start a war...wow. Talk about not trusting or feeling connected with the people who are supposed to represent you.
    I mean, I'm no fan of W. but I'm certain he didn't step aside for Sept. 11 to happen. The braintrust around him used the attacks as an excuse to play a real life game of Risk and poke holes in the Constitution, but they didn't allow 3,000+ innocent people to die just so that could happen.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Tell it to Roosevelt

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

In a related story, the same 1/3 will join together in a Nevada desert this weekend to greet the UFOs upon their arrival.

After that, the search for Bigfoot beckons.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Please. I'm as GOP as they come around here but Roosevelt didn't let Pearl Harbor happen.

12. You organize your government under the principles of secrecy, misinformation, and distrust and this is the kind of thing you get.
    Those ATC tapes in Vanity Fair are just chilling, and they're not going to help with this poll, either.

Draft saved Draft deleted