1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Politics, religion ... what else?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pringle, Feb 7, 2011.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

21's mother is right. It's just a good thing there wasn't some Parmigiano-Reggiano lying around or they'd be arguing 'til next Thanksgiving.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I am willing to discuss anything, but there are some people I try not to discuss certain things with, because they make it personal or insulting, or go TSGITR on you

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

An exception: real is better than fake, and I will not argue this

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

There should never be any reason to. :D

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The twilight's last reaming? [/christinaaguilera]

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

.... When you really need help to hit the high notes.

7. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

First of all, all of the entertainment at the Super Bowl sucked. If you need that much flash and dash for your halftime show, your singing/music sucks. Second, in discussions with colleagues in the office about this, their replies are an insult akin to your brother's: Basically, they are saying well if you're not young and hip and/or urban, you wouldn't have liked that show. In other words, you're old and played.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't watch the halftime show anyway.
    However, Puppy Bowl 7 was damn good this year. That fox terrier was crazy.

9. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

The Great Pumpkin

10. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

We do not talk about politics, child-rearing (my mom got lambasted when I was younger because I was a girl who preferred jeans over skirts and never really did my hair or makeup for school), at what age it is appropriate to cut the purse strings and tell your 30-year-old child to move out of the house or money in my family.

Everything else is fair game, but have your dueling pistols ready. And if you want to start a debate, you had better have thick skin because there will be some below the belt hits.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

This.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Do not talk about Charles Smith.

Draft saved Draft deleted