1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Politics board closed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by greenlantern, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The fact that politics board is closed is another example of the Obama administration wanting to control all possible dissenters and naysayers.

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for someone to blame Favre.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think politics board has outlived its usefulness. Much like Congress many just took a party line position on whatever topic came up rather than showing some intellectual honesty.

4. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Politics are about picking a side and defending it to the death, none of his wishy-washy crap allowed

5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

This is Minnesota v Wisconsin.

It is to the death ;)

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Or, the fascist racist wingnuts engaging in cyber-astroturfing, turning every single political discussion forum into a pack of monkeys flinging shit at each other (see the town-hall meeting strategy).

It's happened at a couple other political boards I frequent, too, and it's way too consistent to be sheer coincidence.

And no, nobody can say ONE WORD about Limbaugh, Beck, Olbermann, Coulter, Maher, O'Reilly, Michael Moore or anything else. Everything they do or say is political.

The only mention of Obama which should be permitted should be if he dies or resigns. Everything else is "politics."

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I
    I can just see Cheney now:

"Go forth, my darklings, and mess up their political boards. Hahahahahaha!!!!

8. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

I thought for sure this would have happened by page 2.

9. No offense to anyone, but I wonder how much calmer things would have been if you simply banned people that aren't journalists.

Of course, I have no idea how you'd verify that. Paycheck stub? Bar tab?

10. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

The bottom line is that people were and are unable to control their emotions and act like adults when it comes to political discussions. So the end game is that the politics forum was shut down. It's not like there weren't any warnings given that this might happen. So deal with it.. move on.. and the situation might be re-evaluated in the future. There's nothing further to discuss here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.