1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Politics board closed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by greenlantern, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/73824/

Is this a good idea? I know people often get into pissing matches, but does this mean politics aren't allowed to be discussed? I think it's best for the politics board kept all that contained in its own place. Chances are it will just spill over into other boards.

What do you think?

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Yeah, I sort of liked its Land-Of-Misfit-Toys isolation.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Kinda like Fight Club.

It's not like there wasn't goonish behavior on the boards before the politics board was created.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

No politics talk allowed. Too many fucksticks couldn't find even the smallest fucking shred of deceny to run their points through first.

For a while I was the last guy defending that fucking place, but the last couple of weeks even I couldn't do that. Fact is, until people stop coming online and thinking they can just be assholes about everything, it'll probably stay that way.

Honestly, that place is fucking embarassing to this board.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Just delete the whole board, and if anybody mentions politics -- AT ALL -- on any of the other boards, whack the post immediately.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Well, bollocks.

I was just about to register under a new name so I could post on the politics board.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The place was Darwin's waiting room, from day one.

Colonized by a goon squad of wannabe Deputy Dawgs who run only in packs, and then tug on mommy's petticoats when they got play in return that they thought too rough.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I previously ran a board where there were two subjects explicity prohibited. Those subjects were politics and religion.

Had those subjects been allowed, the moderation staff would have been extremely busy. They were too busy as it was.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It's probably a good call.

10. I would much rather prefer to keep the politics board, only because I don't read it and I don't miss the crap on the regular board.

11. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I miss the politics board already. Sure there were people behaving badly but you're going to get that whether the subject is Barack Obama, George W. Bush or Mother Teresa. I really don't understand how people can get so upset about things written on an anonymous message board. Most of the time, you don't know these people and probably wouldn't drink a beer with them if you did. People need to get a grip. And understand that the trolls are trying to yank their chains. It appears they succeeded. Btw, anyone know what sent it over the top?

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Another message board I go to just suspended it's politics board for the weekend.

I wouldn't even have known if there were no announcement. I always go to view threads since last visited, so it's just a list of posts. No clue where they are posted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.