1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Political mudslinging...not just for Republicans and Democrats

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Feb 22, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Justin Trudeau, eldest son (35) of the late Prime Minister, announced today that he will seek the Liberal nomination for the Quebec riding of Papineau in the next federal election.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070222.wtrudeau0222/BNStory/National/home

Pierre Trudeau was either the second greatest PM after Sir John A McDonald or a fucking commie fag--take your pick.

The news that Justin has announced his candidacy is no surprise but the comments posted on the article could have been cut and pasted from SportsJournalists.com .

Some of my favs:

"Great, another card carrying communist coming into politics. is he going to emulate his father and ride around on a motorcycle with a swastika on his back?? is he going to support Castro and the commies should another cold war develop? does he want all canadians to be on food stamps so he can preach communism while he lives in luxury?? is he going to give the finger to all the people who live in the western part of the counry?"

Rick McNaulty from Calgary, Canada writes: "Liberals make me puke. Liberals with the name Truduea make me wretch."

john smith from Canada writes: "Hmm seems the Cons are shaking in their boots about this new Trudeau coming forward....can a Con ever say anything nice about anyone? Can a Con ever speak without relating things to something Liberal in the past?"

and

Black Adder from Toronto, Canada writes: "OK - ten bucks that the conservaties come up with a purile nick name for Justin Trudeau before church Sunday."

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Noooooo! Canadians sling mud, too?

Color me shocked.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Was Black Adder's response followed by one from a poster named Baldrick?

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the right ratches it up a notch when it comes to anybody named Trudeau.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Well, he has been using that comic to poke fun at them for quite a while...

6. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Didn't Mrs. Trudeau (allegedly) get it on with one of the Stones? Think it happened right around the time that Keith Richards was busted in Toronto...

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yup.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's more dangerous in Canada because the mud is frozen.

9. Canadian politicans sling mud, but they blame the U.S. for it ... ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted