1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Political Blogs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Mar 3, 2008.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Your opinion on the good ones.....left or right.

Which ones do you check regularly?

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

www.realclearpolitics.com is a terrific source

4. For me, I go every day to all the Atlantic guys and gals -- McArdle and Sullivan purely for laughs -- and to Atrios, Firedoglake (now featuring TBogg, funniest man on the Intertubes), the Sadly No gang, Whiskey Fire, and Josh Marshall for real reporting. Pharyngula is a good science/politics blog, and I second RCP for its numbers and some of its analysis. Also Tapped and Ezra Klein at the Prospect.
    On the other side, just to keep up, I drop in at The Corner, and at Townhall, as well as Ms. Malkin's House o'Hate.

5. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

I actually like Andrew Sullivan's blog. Crooksandliars.com is good, talkingpointsmemo.com is another good one (guy does a lot of real reporting on there). Glenn Greenwald does a great blog at Salon.com. If I had the scratch to buy CNN, the second thing I would do (after publically telling Glenn Beck and Nancy Grace they had 15 minutes to clean out their offices before security arrests them for trespassing) would be to put Greenwald in charge.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I check RCP and pollster.com.

Love TPM. Will check in at Kos from time to time.

Second Fenian on all the Atlantic blogs -- they're all good.

Don't so much like politico, but I check it.

Then, of course, there's the gold standard...

http://www.hillaryis44.com/

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

www.smirkingchimp.com

8. Old school.
    I miss media whores online.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I actually used to read smirkingchimp on the House floor when I was an amendment clerk. I guess that's why my ass got kicked upstairs to bill drafting.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I like to check in with www.democrats.com/blog and see what idiotic schemes that Bob Fertig is cooking up.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Did you all see that TPM won a Polk Award a few weeks back for its reporting on the US Attorneys stuff? That's pretty effin cool.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Draft saved Draft deleted