1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Police confirm murder-suicide on McNair

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jul 8, 2009.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

This.

Also, you keep painting with that broadbrush there Kevin. It's only women who do that, never men.

2. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Yes. But haven't previous reports mentioned that McNair bought her a truck, numerous gifts and I think they went on vacation somewhere, too? When McNair's suspected second lover came along, she flipped out and knew that she wouldn't be able to live without him paying for everything hence leading towards the murder-suicide. That's not love, and that's what makes me sick.

I never said men don't do this, either. Does it happen? Definitely. Even then, I can still name tons of relationships were the younger guy was with the older woman for financial support.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Hey kev, why don't you blame the man. To place all the blame on the women is ridiculous. By the way 60,000 a year is not a sugar momma.

4. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

McNair is as much to blame as is the woman. It's 50/50.

Okay, sure. I was a bit rash to blame the woman in this story. I don't know the terms of how they met, but the 16-year age difference should have been an automatic red flag for both parties.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I always place most of the blame on the one cheating, man or woman. The one cheating is the one with the obligation to there significant other.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

So, I see, what you are saying is if you have children, you are never allowed to date again unless they give you the stamp of approval -- particularly when two of those four children were to a different mother?

Give me a break.

The guy made a bad choice in who to date, she was obviously very unstable, had psychological issues and was clearly delusional in some ways.

You want to kill him for making a bad choice in a woman to date and how involved to get with her financially and whatnot - I agree, he was a dumbass and not very careful.

But to say he shouldn't have been dating anyone when he's been seperated for two years and by all accounts was not going to reconcile with his wife any time soon is ridiculous.

7. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Yes, I agree. It's another story if McNair had a lady friend whom he was close with and not dating, but these two were in a full-blown relationship that was based completely on materialism and greed.

8. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I usually blame the person that pumped 4 bulllets into someone.

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Bingo, though in this fucking country, I'm sure if she had not killed herself she'd have a bunch of bleeding hearts painting her as the victim.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

just talking about cheating in general

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There sure are a lot of people willing to judge a situation they know NOTHING about (to wit: state of McNair's marriage) on this thread.
    McNair was involved with a woman who went over the edge and it ended in murder-suicide. That usually happens when the man goes over the edge, but it does happen, inside marriage, too? Remember Phil Hartman.
    That's all we know. The rest appears to be speculation which suits the particular sexual mores of the speculator.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I think we have a different definition of 'dating' but I will leave you to your opinion.

Completely willing to concede that neither of us knows the details of the McNair's marriage, and not really interested in pretending that we do.

I feel terrible for those kids, regardless of who their mothers are.

Draft saved Draft deleted