1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Police confirm murder-suicide on McNair

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jul 8, 2009.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Simple: Don't "date" women who are 16 years younger than you and looking for handouts.

I've never quite understood why younger women seem to flock to the older men for financial stability. Sure, not all women do it; in fact, many don't do it. But it happens, and it makes me sick. Relationships like what McNair and this woman shared were not based on love or feelings, but rather she was interested in his money. When that all appeared to go south and she was going to lose her "sugar daddy" she took the stupid way out.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Legally, but was he and his wife still living as man and wife?

All indications are that they were not, hence he was not cheating on her by most reasonable persons standards.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

She was legal (over 18) so she didn't qualify for "your advice" anyway.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

So marriage is nothing but a quaint ceremony. Never expected that from Zag.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

She is not legal in my world. She can't drink at a bar unless she's 21. I guess you don't know as much as you think you do. LOL (And don't be SO serious).

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Legal definitions aside, many couples separate to figure it out without the agreement to sleep around.

From all accounts, his wife was unaware of the relationship. Just like the girlfriend was unaware that he may have been seeing someone else. Lesson learned, if he'll do it with you, he'll do it to you.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

I don't know but here's some good advice. If you are 16 years older than she is, have a wife and four kids, are set financially, thought of as a good family man and community-minded individual, leave her alone. She's not worth it in the long run.

8. zagoshe

Marriage is more than a quaint ceremony.

But once two parties decide it is no longer working and are on their way to ending it, the paper is no longer relevant given the fact that there is about 90 days worth of red tape and bullshit to cut through to legally end it.

This wasn't like Steve McNair was running around town with the Iranian stripper behind his wife's back.

That is a helluva lot different than, the two were in the process of breaking up and seperated and he found a young piece of ass to fuck around with.

Now, if you want to question his competency for buying shit in his and her name, that is different, but the idea that he was somehow doing something wrong here, regardless of his age and her age (given that she was legal) is an idea embraced by neandrathals from the Pat Robertson/Jerry Falwell crowd.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You didn't say legal drinking age. You said legal. There's a major difference.
    A major difference.

But I should yield to you on this, I guess, you still pulling all that young stuff and all. At my age, I don't much worry about the legality of all my girlfriends. Though I guess I should worry if they're packing heat. Be a shitty way to wake up from a nap.
    If she was Kenny Powers, would she have shouted, YOU'RE FUCKING DEAD?

10. zagoshe

Except, he didn't do it with her by all accounts as he was looking to end his marriage.

11. zagoshe

No, she can't drink at a bar, but we could sure as hell give her an M-16 and send her to Afghanistan to fight in the latest moron in the White House's silly war.

What a country.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

The person who I really feel for is Mrs. McNair. She has to bury this guy and go through the various memorial services. Now, you want to talk about being strong.....

Draft saved Draft deleted