1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Police: Adam Walsh was killed by Ottis Toole

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Dec 16, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

This was 30 years ago, right?

That was a different time.

Shit, they won't even replay the some of the first few seasons of Sesame Street because of all of the non-pc shit on it like a strange man walking a girl home from school.

2. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

That's me, every day.

3. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

If you wanna really get your psycho parent mojo on go ahead and look up the Joseph Edward Duncan shit out of Idaho. I've been in this business long enough that it's rare for anything to make me wish I could unread it, but that shit did it.

The thing that has changed for me since becoming a parent is that not only do I watch my kid, I watch other kids and make sure they're not getting approached. I feel overprotective, but it's stunning how many parents let really young kids play alone in uncontrolled areas.

Were I to ever see one of these guys make a move on a kid, good God the beating would be unreal.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Then, all of a sudden he Marie Antoinettes a 14-year-old? Give me a fucking break, Clint Van Zant Jr.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Duncan is by far the most heinous thing I have every read. I skipped reading our front section for the duration of the trial.

Draft saved Draft deleted