1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poin files: I almost posted this before the arrest

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Apr 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Benicia, Calif.

A 23-year-old high school teacher in Benicia was arrested for having sex with a 17-year-old student who she let keep stolen property in her car on campus, police said Monday.

Benicia High School teacher Riana Lane turned herself in Sunday and was arrested on suspicion of engaging in unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor and oral copulation with a minor, according to the Benicia Police Department.

Benicia teacher, 23, arrested — allegedly had sex with student, 17

This one has been brewing for a couple of weeks, and I started to post it as a "Poin files: You heard it here first" but thought better. The first story that came out was about both of them getting arrested. The student regularly went to the teacher's car, with the keys, and when the school and police checked it out, they found weed and stolen property. It was somewhat humorous to read the stories without a mention of the obvious poining.

Benicia High School Teacher and Student Arrested

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Somebody may have brought this up before, but are these women disproportionately special-ed teachers?

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The good news is since it is California, the kid can transfer to a school with hotter teachers without penalty. [/crossthread]

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

No wonder Horace Greeley said "Go West, young man."

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that when they read that "Poin Files.....you heard it here first"...........they did that in the musical tone of "MTV NEWS........YOU HEARD IT ...........FIRST."

God, I am old.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You graduated college 10 months ago, and you've ruined your career. Good job, good effort.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Another smiler.

Draft saved Draft deleted