1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poin Files: Christ, do people still think no one watches social media

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by cjericho, Jun 28, 2016.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

LMAO. NJ.com usually is a shitshow, which makes it good. The best is when people correct the four or five mistakes in some stories, and a butthurt reporter deletes those comments. A few show some class and will reply, "thanks for pointing that out, fixed it." Some of the best stuff on NJ.com was the high school sports forums, and sadly they did away with them.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    old_tony likes this.
  2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

You should check the forums. Don't know what they're like these days, but a bunch of years ago I had to stick my nose into local politics and started sparring in the forums with a nasty, bigoted councilman who used his real name. I would write limericks making fun of him and wait for him to fire back. He had no idea who I was and assumed I was someone he knew- a gay, republican politician. Only time in my life I've been gay bashed. Eventually, they started deleting my posts.

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

The forums are gone, they got rid of them this week or last week. Sometimes it did get bad. Got a few buddies who coach hs and some times they have to tell kids to stay off the forums.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

To answer the question in this topic headline, I didn't see where the story said what social media forum was used. So if it was, for example, Snapchat, only the teacher and kid would see it, unless they share it with someone.

(Or unless mom is peeking over junior's shoulder.)

5. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

What teenage boy isn't going to screenshot that for, um, posterity though?

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I'm waiting on a Poin ruling here.
    There was no sex, just pictures, so is it one for the Poin files?

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Except for the fact that there was no pic attached in the first picture (How long we been doing this, fellas?), its fine. A teacher making sexy time, one way or another, with her students. Good enough for me.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Even if it just leads to fapping?

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

1. What's wrong with that?

2. I think if the alleged FEMALE teacher perpetrator could be fired for it, and it involves a student, and A PICTURE IS INCLUDED with the original post, then YES!!! It's POIN!!!! Glorious POIN!!! What more could we ask for!!!?

Just follow the directions. POIN!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted