1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poin Files, assistant principal division

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MTM, Apr 3, 2013.

1. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

My ex-wife was a high school teacher. There were a couple of times that I felt she was getting too friendly with her students. Not physically involved, but just overly interested in their lives. Mostly friends' kids, or more friends of friends' kids. I told her it wouldn't take much for one of them to get mad and make her life hell.

Her friend that taught with her was even worse and I suspect there might have been some sort of involvement at one point. Knowing her personal life, it was easy to see where she might be enamored with the idea of the stud basketball player being interested in her. She wasn't popular in high school and married a nice, but below average guy. Lust and desire can do crazy things, my friend, and it can cloud your judgment.

2. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Best. Detention. Ever.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

SVOGTFO

4. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

I don't know how involved is "too involved," but I find it's important to know your students because if they see you're interested in them, they'll show an interest in you. Because I student taught in one of the schools we cover at the paper, I was able to chat with the athletes about his or her sport, and I found they appreciated that I saw they had a good volleyball or soccer game, or whatever. Even the student who was a pain in the ass, we went to the same elementary school (albeit 25 years apart). So I was able to connect with him that way, talking about our town, and he became a better student with me.

Maybe you have to be in a different life situation, I don't know. Failing relationship, death in the family, whatever. But I just can't fathom why you would risk losing your job and going to jail by going after a high school student. Go to the bar or go online if you want to shack up. Buy something at a sex store. Buy a pet if you're looking for affection.

5. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

And the other thing ... OF COURSE this will get your name in the papers, providing fodder for many (us, obviously). Why subject yourself to derision that will stay with you for years?

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Hey baby, you must have been a 6 before electricity.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

She was making $77,000 a year - the hard way.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted