1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poin Files, assistant principal division

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MTM, Apr 3, 2013.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

45-year-old high school assistant principal suspected of having relations with three teen students at her school.

http://www.pe.com/local-news/local-news-headlines/20130403-hemet-tahquitz-assistant-principal-arrested-on-sex-charges.ece

Photos with link. Sorry, no matter how hard I try, I can't figure out how to post them with this message.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Dude! If I can figure it out, anyone can

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

LaDainian Tomlinson weeps.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I think I went to high school with that guy.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Shame on you, Everyone Loves Raymond's mom ...

[​IMG]

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Wow if that's the best picture of the bunch....

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think she'd be a good time. Solid 6

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

9. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Rick Stain would.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hey, don't go knocking experience.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Sorry to derail the fine commentary, but I just have to say that as someone who just finished two years of getting his high school teaching certificate (in Connecticut ... it ain't easy), I can't believe that someone would throw their entire administrative career away just for the wanton pleasure of one or a couple of teenagers. Obviously this woman was a teacher for a number of years before she became an assistant principal, but a stupid decision like this takes her (I'm guessing, based on her age) decades of education and flushes it down the toilet.

It just boggles my mind. I don't understand how someone could do that. Maybe she got away with it for years, I don't know. I student taught at a small, rural high school, and sure there were plenty of girls that made you do a(n internal) double-take. But to throw away a career and possibly go to jail? Are you kidding? This is akin to spending 10 years and hundreds of thousands of dollars to become a doctor, and then getting arrested for stealing meds to sell out of his home (which happened at the hospital where my mom worked).

I'm reading the New Yorker piece on the alleged sexual abuse at Horace Mann in New York. It's quite interesting reading how manipulative some of these teachers were, who were considered brilliant and looked up to by students and faculty alike.

Sorry. Back to putting her on a scale. I just am in wonderment about the whole thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted