1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pocatello, Idaho

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by tflagstad, May 13, 2009.

1. It has not, but they still plan to fill it.

2. The position has been filled.

3. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Yay!! Another poverty-level sportswriter joins the club ..

4. BYUSportsGuy

BYUSportsGuy Member

I'm wondering who took the $11 an hour gig in Poky...

5. I did.

6. gutenberg

gutenberg Guest

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1075307

How said is it that a paper in Nowhereville, USA pays more than that dumpy rag in Pocatello, which at least has a small-college football program to cover?

You would be better off washing dishes, rubbing cat hair off floors or playing marbles for food against third-grade girls than working for the Pocatello rag.

When Pendleton, OR can outpay your paper, you know your rag is more pathetic than a rhino receiving a golden shower from a paralyzed yak.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Interesting imagery there. There are bars in Pocatello where you can get a golden shower from a paralyzed yak. It's a civilized town.

8. Luckily, it's not your job, gutenberg. No need to be so conceited about it.

9. BYUSportsGuy

BYUSportsGuy Member

From my understanding, Kelvin Ang covers football there. I think this position is a high school/possibly ISU hoops position...

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You're hired!

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Congratulations, Nighthawk. Work hard and try to enjoy the positives.

Gutenberg, no need to be insulting. I'm sure everyone who applied/interviewed was aware of the salary. No one is being forced at gunpoint to accept any position.

12. BottomlessPit

BottomlessPit Member

Haha did you get turned down for a job there or something? That is some vitriol, gutenberg.

Draft saved Draft deleted