1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PNC Park leaving Pittsburgh?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, Jul 26, 2006.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

That's pretty funny.

May I suggest they trade with Louisville before the deadline instead of losing the stadium outright? We can offer them Louisville Slugger Field and a couple Little League parks.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

After all the love and affection we have lavished on that ballpark, how dare it!. I was there to help welcome it into the world in the first game there in 2001. To think, we let an old friend like Three Rivers Stadium be imploded to make room for this snott little back stabber! :mad:

It's team envy, I tell you. Just because Heinz Field has a championship team, PNC Park just has to have one, too! Do you hear Heinz Field bitching because PNC Park got an All-Star game while the NFL gives the Pro Bowl to Hawaii every year?!

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Just wait. It'll leave for New York, bulk up on SGH (stadium growth hormone), become the size of Cleveland's Municipal Stadium, break all kinds of attendance records, be investigated in a drug probe and tax evasion investigation and finally do an ill-fated reality series.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Hahahahahaha! I love PNC Park, but the Pirates don't deserve that good of a stadium. And besides, they should've kept Three Rivers.

6. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Having been to both parks, I can't imagine any reason for keeping Three Rivers unless one has a strange fascination with concrete.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

The Onion is consistently one of the funniest things out there.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It's just one of those classic stadiums...

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

... that needed to be torn down. I don't miss it, The Vet, Riverfront, or any others like it.

10. KP

KP Active Member

Nothing good came out of 1960-70s stadium construction.

Draft saved Draft deleted