1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PM Stephen Harper plays piano, sings a Beatles tune at National Arts Centre gala

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Oct 4, 2009.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

But did he pocket the sheet music?

(He's a pretty decent singer, I'll give him credit for that.)

3. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Member

If an American politician, specifically an American President, were to sing that song in a public forum, the next day's news would be whether he was suggesting that he uses drugs.

4. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Sean Hannity and Glen Beck's heads would explode as they played the clip non-stop. (And I'm a Republican)

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

I thought it was great. Far, far better than Brian Mulroney and Ronald Reagan duetting on "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling."

Coming up next - Michael Ignatieff sings "Mr. Roboto."

6. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Doesn't he have better things to do, like fix the economy? [/cry of the liberals]

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I would have expected "I Am The Walrus," "Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except For Me and My Monkey," or "Happiness Is A Warm Gun."

:eek: :eek:

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Don't you mean Liberals?

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

My question is, if he stays true to the song, what friends of his were helping him get high? and on what?

10. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

I wanna know why he has to keep looking at the keys. The Prime Minister should be perfect and not even need sheet music.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Like with most things Steve does, not very subtle.

Sure sign an election is coming to a country near you.

Still, you gotta hand it to the guy. Big diff between standing up and giving a speech and this.

It's not exactly the same as karaoke at The Goose.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Re: PM Stephen Harper plays piano, sings a Beatles tune at National Arts Centre

But as I'm sure much to your chagrin, things would point to another Conservative minority.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2009/10/03/harper-byelection.html

Draft saved Draft deleted