1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please To Be Having My Glass Of STFU

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jun 20, 2006.

1. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2006/news/story?id=2491783

I think he's going nuts myself.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I heard the Miami Herald reporter on the radio this morning. He didn't hear Cuban say the game was rigged first hand. Someone else told him he or she heard Cuban yell it, and the reporter didn't identify the person, only said that it is a source he believes is impeccable. Also, I didn't look very far into it, but did anyone else report this or report hearing Cuban say it?

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

At 5:17 p.m. Eastern Time, on June 20, 2006, Fenian Bastard started a thread that had nothing to do with politics or Bush-bashing.

Soon the world will be plunged into chaos, and the Four Horsemen will ride. Make peace with your gods.  

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I thought I felt the world grinding to a halt. But he did either post on or initiate another NBA thread.

Sadly, Fenian Streisand knows as little about the NBA as he does about politics.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I could yell something to the thin air directly to the left of Big Ragu and say I never said that to Big Ragu.

My guess is he yelled that in the direction of Stern then denied he actually said that to Stern.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Personal politics aside, that's a pretty good shot...

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's Super Fenian Streisand to you, DyePer.

[​IMG]

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Ragump's steroid-aided hearing and vision would snuff out any chance of that getting by him, though.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

My only question was, did anyone other than an anonymous, unidentified person witness it? Doesn't mean Cuban didn't do it. Even if he was surrrounded by people, I am sure it was a pretty loud and chaotic scene. Still, I'd have an easier time damning him if someone else documented it.

10. lono

lono Active Member

Wow, that photo is scary. Bet just showing it to teenage boys would stop them from ever tossing off again. Ugh.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

So, Stern slaps Cuban on the pee-pee with a $250,000 fine?

Please, one of Cuban's minions is digging that out of one of his seat cushions.

12. Geauxdawg

Geauxdawg Member

Its worth noting that Michael Wilbon said on PTI that he heard similar reports from other sources sitting in that area for game 5.

At the very least you can see Cuban shouting at the scorer's table on the video.

Draft saved Draft deleted