1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PLEASE tell me what I'm missing...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Speaking of vaunted burgers, what's the deal with airline food Fatburger? They have a very odd location near my mom's house, given their limited East Coast presence and no other Fatburgers within 400 miles. Is this In-n-Out good? Five Guys good? I've had the latter and they set the bar pretty high.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Poin, as I said in the post, I did ask for no onions. But they put the Thousand Island on it, which has chunks of stuff in it. No big rings of onions, it was the "spread".

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Got it. Definitely, don't go back. It's not going to be any better for you the second time.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Good god, how much must it suck to be allergic to onions?

I mean, that almost completely eliminates Italian food, most soups, requires a special order at all fast food places...

Damn, I feel for y'all.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I'm alergic to mushrooms.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Not all Italian. I can eat plenty of alfredo dishes. And chicken sorts of things, as long as it doesn't have marinara or sauce with onions.

And special orders at fast food restaurants mean my sammiches are always hot, fresh and newly made. You get the ones that have been sitting under the heat lamp for 4 hours. :)

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Right, you get the newly made ones.

Which are also the ones that pissed off high school kids do disgusting things to when they have to make them special, thereby slowing down the line during the middle of the dinner rush.

But hey, they are fresh! ;)

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Dude, if you don't think the high school kids do disgusting things to ALL fast food, then you're sorely mistaken.

I worked in food. I wouldn't eat 80 percent of what went out of our doors.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I did, too.

I'll take my chances with the heat lamp stuff. Most of the nastiness I saw involved 1. Special orders 2. Food that came back.

Never, ever, send your food back at a fast food place. If it's inedible, ask for your money back. Never, ever send an order back.

I cannot emphasize this enough.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Amen. I didn't work in fast food, I worked in pizza. But anyone who bitched and wanted it remade got some special ingredients.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

"Damn Sal, put some more cheese on that motherfucker, man."

"Extra cheese is two dollars."

Draft saved Draft deleted