1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PLEASE tell me what I'm missing...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Nov 10, 2006.

1. KP

KP Active Member

Liverpudlian and Scousers, two great terms that define where people are from.

You'll Never Walk Alone can send chills up your spine as an anthem.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

GO REDS!

3. KP

KP Active Member

There were a few real good ones, especially against Chelsea in the Champions League semis.

Go Steve Nicol and the Revs Sunday in Frisco.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wow, who knew you could get three pages on the pros and cons of eating/going to the movies alone.

The only person I really like having dinner with is my wife. Wherever else I am, I prefer to eat alone. It's nice to read the paper(s), eat at my pace and just kind of relax without having to make conversation.

I won't turn down an invite in a press box and I certainly don't mind dining with long-time friends (or IJAG in NYC a few years ago :D), but anyone else and it can get awkward. A friend of ours is dating a complete dud and the last couple dinners we've had with him in attendance have been Ralph Wiggum in conversational quality. "So do you like.........stuff?" I had a pounding headache from the boredom. Haven't dined with them since.

As for the movies, as someone else said, who cares if the people there think you're a loner? I usually only go to the theatre when I'm not home anyway.

5. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

If you go to a movie by yourself and you are the only one in the theater, wouldn't it be nice if they stopped the movie temporarily if you need to a) go buy popcorn, or b) take a bathroom break? I'm just sayin.....

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I pray you didn't mean that as a compliment to In N Out.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

True that. I had a nightmare once where I kept going to Shoney's night after night.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

When Molson had its brewery in Barrie, the onsite beer store had a drive-thru window.

Saw a drive-thru at a Swiss Chalet recently.

9. patchs

patchs Active Member

I'll second Jack's Ultimate Cheeseurger. the bacon, bacon cheesebburger is good too.
    I love the deep fried tacos, mmmmm!

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Those tacos, those tasty, delicious, deep-fried tacos, my friend, are going to take 5 years off my life. As a teenager I had hundreds and thousands of them.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'm the most self-conscious person on earth, and I eat out alone and go to the movies by myself, but only matinees... when I am trying to hide from the world for a few hours.

As for In-N-Out, never been, but I'm a vegetarian and I haven't eaten any fast food--even stuff on the menu that is supposedly meatless--in at least 15 years. Probably not all that surprising that I am not surprised someone found it disgusting. I'd find it disgusting.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Draft saved Draft deleted