1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PLEASE tell me what I'm missing...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Not to threadjack or anything, but what about going to movies by yourself? I've gone to at least six that I can think of by myself and I dig it. I hate the whole having to discuss what you just saw with other people thing.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Always pack two books. No. 1 rule of the road. I'd rather get caught short on drawers than books.
    Plus, restaurants are too dark for reading. Bug the fuck out of someone via text message.

Ayers Rock Strip, medium rare, please.

3. Clever username

I'd sit on the floor in a corner by myself at Outback.

4. Moderator1

Eating at the bar there is cool, with one of those little tray things they put over the hump in the bar. Unless you get caught between two smokers.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Ah, TWO books. That's where I went wrong.

I've gone to movies by myself, but only twice. Feels even weirder than eating, because eating you're doing something. Movies, anyone sitting behind you KNOWS you're alone.
    God I'm such a looser.

And Xan, I'm not trying to pick anyone up. Thanks though. :)

6. Moderator1

Going to the movies alone is only trouble when you're sitting in front of Pee Wee Herman.

7. Clever username

I've done both and feel weirder eating by myself, unless it's lunch. More people can see you when you're eating alone, and I like the idea that I'm distracting people at movies, making them wonder why I'm there by myself.

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I saw The Departed solo a couple weeks ago. Am I a looser?

Wait, don't answer that ...

I don't have any problem being by myself in any situation, though.

9. Clever username

What's sad is that I considered a joke along those same lines in my previous post. Deviant minds, I guess.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

At the Diana theater in Amsterdam, I
    At the Diana theater in Amsterdam, I did. Then again, the theater was packed with Pee Wee Hermans and the odor of years-old "seed" on the floors and seats made me ill.

The reason for me being there? Research. Yes, research.

11. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Must have been a fluke trip to the In-N-Out because I believe that it is an awesome place to eat. Of course, when everybody tells you its awesome for years and years and years and then you finally get to go there, anything short of having an orgasm will leave you less than happy.

As for going to movies alone, I have done it, especially when I'm on the road. It is no big deal.

If I have to eat alone on the road, I'll usually sit at the bar. That seems less pathetic.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'd eat dinner with you, IJAG, so you don't have to eat alone.

Draft saved Draft deleted