1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PLEASE tell me what I'm missing...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Me?

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I can't imagine anyone not loving In-N-Out.
    It's the best, IJAG. The best.
    Admittedly, there are lot of ins and outs to eating there, and looking at the menu doesn't help the uninitiated.
    All burgers come with lettuce, tomato, onion, Thousand Island dressing unless you ask them to hold something.
    I don't like Thousand Island dressing, and I don't like lettuce or tomatoes on my hamburgers.
    So I order my In-N-Out with just mustard, ketchup and onions.
    I love In-N-Out. It's the best thing about California.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yes, Carl's Jr. and Hardee's are one and the same. After buying Hardee's, Carl's Jr. didn't think dumping the name in the South would be very popular.

I'd eat alone at a restaurant. Call it a loner tendency. :-\

I've been told the Chick-Fil-A shakes are great shakes, and I've had both Sonic and Bruster's, two very good shake sources.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I guess, Buck with a capital B, that I didn't see the Thousand Island on the menu where it listed all the ingredients, or I would have asked them to hold it like I did the onions. I even read it twice to make sure.

I just looked at the Web site, and it says "spread". So I'll take the fall for not asking.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Glad I could help out. I have 3/4 of an order of fries and 2/3 of a burger over here if you want it. :)

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

IJAG, I say this with love: don't subscribe to that "I don't eat at restaurants alone" theory. It's OK to go to a restaurant and sit at a table by yourself. Unless it's a feminine thing.

7. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

You ever get your fries animal style? I always think I should try that, then I always chicken out.

IJAG--sorry you had a bad experience there. For my money, the fries are one of the cool things about the place. They don't use frozen fries--they cut actual potatoes on the spot, then cook them.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Hahahah junkie.

And there's only like five things on an In-N-Out menu. And the woman standing outside taking orders (I guess trying to work ahead for the people taking the money) had a flip down menu with a description. Plus, I'd gone to the Web site earlier.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I eat alone too -- the travails of being a beat writer on the road. I'm still not used to it, it's never the preferred option, but I do it -- unless my game ends so late I have no choice other than fast food.

Whether or not that has anything to do with me being a sorry fuck, I have no idea, I'm thinking my sorry fuckedness was established long before I ate alone.

Steak 'n Shake sucks big time aside from the shakes. And it's overpriced too.

I miss the 24-hour Skyline Chili's in Louisville and Cincinnati. Yum!

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

OK, I take that back. I do, occasionally. But I read my entire 427-page book on the four-hour flight out here, and didn't want to stop and buy a new one to read over dinner. I usually eat alone for lunch. Eating alone on a Friday night in a strange town feels ... losery.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

When I'm eating dinner alone on the road, I always try to find a restaurant/bar. That way way I can just sit at the bar and order.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Of course, I eat at the local truck stop alone, but there are so many losers like me that it feels natural. You never know, though. Go to a nice restaurant, sit alone and you might meet a cute waiter (or waitress, depending on the team you play for) or spot a single guy sitting by himself.

Draft saved Draft deleted