1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PLEASE !! -- NO MORE PC HALLOWEENS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Oct 14, 2006.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

I didn't know there was a P and C in Halloween. These folks are sick of it, too:

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ssf?/base/news-32/1160808268324800.xml&coll=6

Your thoughts...?

2. I think I would cross the street if Momma Honeyager was walking my way.
    This sounds like crazy Christians, no?
    PC is in the eye of the Jeebus, I guess.

3. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Hoogerland? Honeyager? Forget worrying about Halloween, somebody buy this town new last names!

Other than that, fnord. One of the cities in our coverage area just put out a press release declaring the celebration of Halloween on Oct. 31.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I'd send my kid to school in a Redskins uniform. or is the school going to adopt the Miles Brandt NCAA Nazi approach?

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

If there are no more PC Hallowe'ens, does that mean we'll only be able to use Macintosh computers on Hallowe'en?

6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

If I had a daughter, I'd be sending her to the school party as a Wiccan. 'Nuff said.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Didn't have to open the link. Saw Grand Rapids and thought those wonderful PC dutch reformed in West Michigan...

8. Yeah, were my eyes deceiving me or was that a GR story with nobody in it named Vander Anything?
    Upset of the decade, right there.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey be careful this year!!! The terrorists who were supposed to be on the additional 9/11 flights have bought up all the candy at Costco and are going to poison America's children on Halloween!!!!! [/my fool mother-in-law]

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Not true, BYH.

They've put out a special line of Hallowe'en masks that will cause the heads of their wearers to dissolve when a special commercial is broadcast on TV Oct. 31.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

People in West Michigan wonder why there's no love from the rest of the state? Goofy shit like this

12. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

WHY IS THE THREAD TITLE SHOUTING AT ME ?!?!?!?

Draft saved Draft deleted