1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Watching the west to see if the dry line pops. Right now there’s a strong cap in place. But anything that breaks through will go severe in minutes.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I was a bad marching member because I was intentionally hanging off the rim at Reynolds while glaring at a member of athletics administration as he issued a phony apology a day after turning on the sprinklers and scaring the hell out of a lot of good kids in my rank.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I was a non-existent marching band member because the day we were supposed to try out in sixth grade I was stuck in the Tri Cities with 18 inches of snow after a family funeral.

4. Twirling Time

When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city to see a marching band.

OscarMadison and Batman like this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There's pine tree that snapped off about fifteen feet above the ground down across the driveway. It missed both cars.

Looks like fun with chainsaws tomorrow morning.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Could've marched back. By then, you might have perfected your ability to stay in step. Maybe even memorized your playing parts.

(In all seriousness, sorry for the family loss.)

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Twirling Time

The dry line is just lurking west of DFW now and spitting off a few supercells. Baseball-size hail down in Ellis County.

The main event is about to start. The cold front is moving south and a squall line has unzipped down to the Red River. I hope it doesn't build down to me before the front passes.

8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

The serious ugliness should be mainly in central Georgia -- south of Atlanta -- tomorrow but it looks like a nasty rain/wind event for the entire state, with possible straight line winds (may need to borrow Neutral Corner's chainsaw).

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Twirling Time

Dodged a bullet. The squall line petered out about 10 miles north of me and moved on east. Not even a drop of rain.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Weather radar shows a huge storm front coming across from Mississippi. Currently almost to Tuscaloosa, it will come over us in an hour or two. The radar isn't pretty.

11. Neutral Corner

The leading edge has crossed over us, and a massive line of orange/red/pink/purple is incoming. The back edge is still over east Louisiana.

This is well south of us.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

My niece and her husband are on the Alabama coast for their anniversary. Their car got pummeled by hail, like broken windows and shit.

Y'all stay safe.

Draft saved Draft deleted