1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

How bad did it get down south?
    Me and wife had talked about going to the Springs for the weekend, but I'm not sure I wanna drive around town with a bunch of snow still on the damn ground.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I-25 was closed overnight and into this morning between Castle Rock and Monument (north Springs). Springs didn't get hit hard at all so you would have been fine.

This sucker was strong from the Palmer Divide north, through Castle Rock, Denver and the northern counties (Loveland, Fort Collins) really got hit hard.

Our property management company sent us some photos of some big branches that fell at one of our properties in Fort Collins. Luckily, no damage to vehicles, the building or people.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

No.....we're talking about going this coming weekend.
    Castle Rock may be on the agenda, as I'm a sucker for outlet malls.
    Doesn't sound like much fun this past weekend in Fort Fun......

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I've heard there is more snow coming this weekend. It's only Monday. Some idiot put up something early last week that there could be 90 inches of snow from this last storm. Um, no. Highest was 42.

Haven't read early projections for next weekend. The one we just had was pushed for a solid 7-10 days, but I'm guessing the forecasters are getting a bunch of sleep after being called out as hoaxes on Saturday when it didn't materialize right away only to be justified in the end.

It's March in the Rockies, the most volatile month of the year for weather here.

5. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Listen here, Snowmageddon, you couldn't do me ONE SOLID THING and kill all the Bradford Pear trees??

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Our area has all kind of predictions warning of thunderstorms, possible tornadoes, hail, straight line winds, pretty much everything short of hurricanes and locusts.

We'll see how it goes.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The local weather guy said there's a 15 percent chance of a tornado in our area tomorrow. Is that good?

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My dad bellyaches all the time about our place at the beach and hurricanes. He seems to forget we have people here killed in various other weather events.
    With climate change, I don't know that anywhere is 100% safe.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Friend of mine in Alabama was commenting about how loud the thunder was today. She was also saying it was about to get real bad. Best of luck

Neutral Corner likes this.
  11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Kind of weird how DFW's wee-hour squall line that rolls in overnight from the plains becomes a major outbreak in the Deep South every time. Considering how DFW sits squarely in Tornado Alley.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

May the odds ever be in our favor. 3A50FC45-D537-4662-87AF-C3C94C324A14.jpeg

Driftwood likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted