1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Players Championship running thread....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, May 13, 2007.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Okay, since there hasn't been one that I've seen yet, you people must not think it's a major.
    But it is turning out to be a helluva tournament. Phil and Sean O'Hair in the final twosome. O'Hair birdied the last three holes Saturday. This kid has steel balls, and he'd be a great story, given his background. Sergio, Olazabal, Luke Donald, Aaron Baddeley, Chris DiMarco, Tom Clark and Geoff Ogilvy are in the hunter. Peter Lonard made a double-eagle on the second hole Saturday, and there have been a bunch of chip-ins and hole-outs in this tournament. NBC will be on the air 2-7 with only four minutes of commercials per hour.

Yeah, I know ... Tiger is out of it and will be done with his round before NBC comes on. This is the one course he can't overpower.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The kid was classy about it after Saturday's round. Said the past is in the past but didn't rip into the old man. Hard to believe such a nice kid had a dick like that for a father.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

That's because it's not, regardless of what Tim Finchem and Deane Beman say. It's a fantastic tournament with a great field and probably the most recognizable hole in golf, but it's not a Major.

4. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

I wonder if phil and his family practice the "run on the green celebration" the night before when he's in contention.

5. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

I doubt they need to practice it anymore.

6. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

did they say the final pairing is on the clock? sean o'hair is playing so slowly.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

And into the water we go. Twice. Tourney over.

8. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

Phil's "happy mother's day" mention a second ago made me ill. I really want to like him but he just seems so fake. great golfer though, and a good win. He played great today.

9. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Active Member

Speaking of Mickelson's family, is it just me or his wife terribly overrated in the looks department?

10. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

she was great a few years ago before all the kids. I remember the phil-amy shot in SI's swimsuit issue a few years back.

11. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Active Member

Holy Quadruple-Bogey, Batman! The 7 at No. 17 and bogey at 18 cost O'Hair more than $700,000. I'd be thinking about that for a LONG time. I don't care who you are.

12. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Active Member

Gotta give O'Hair credit for talking to Maltbie. I'm betting a lot of guys might not have.

Draft saved Draft deleted