1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Players Championship running thread....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, May 13, 2007.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Okay, since there hasn't been one that I've seen yet, you people must not think it's a major.
    But it is turning out to be a helluva tournament. Phil and Sean O'Hair in the final twosome. O'Hair birdied the last three holes Saturday. This kid has steel balls, and he'd be a great story, given his background. Sergio, Olazabal, Luke Donald, Aaron Baddeley, Chris DiMarco, Tom Clark and Geoff Ogilvy are in the hunter. Peter Lonard made a double-eagle on the second hole Saturday, and there have been a bunch of chip-ins and hole-outs in this tournament. NBC will be on the air 2-7 with only four minutes of commercials per hour.

Yeah, I know ... Tiger is out of it and will be done with his round before NBC comes on. This is the one course he can't overpower.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The kid was classy about it after Saturday's round. Said the past is in the past but didn't rip into the old man. Hard to believe such a nice kid had a dick like that for a father.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

That's because it's not, regardless of what Tim Finchem and Deane Beman say. It's a fantastic tournament with a great field and probably the most recognizable hole in golf, but it's not a Major.

4. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

I wonder if phil and his family practice the "run on the green celebration" the night before when he's in contention.

5. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

I doubt they need to practice it anymore.

6. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

did they say the final pairing is on the clock? sean o'hair is playing so slowly.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

And into the water we go. Twice. Tourney over.

8. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

Phil's "happy mother's day" mention a second ago made me ill. I really want to like him but he just seems so fake. great golfer though, and a good win. He played great today.

9. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Speaking of Mickelson's family, is it just me or his wife terribly overrated in the looks department?

10. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

she was great a few years ago before all the kids. I remember the phil-amy shot in SI's swimsuit issue a few years back.

11. TwoGloves

Holy Quadruple-Bogey, Batman! The 7 at No. 17 and bogey at 18 cost O'Hair more than $700,000. I'd be thinking about that for a LONG time. I don't care who you are.

12. TwoGloves

Gotta give O'Hair credit for talking to Maltbie. I'm betting a lot of guys might not have.

Draft saved Draft deleted