1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Play for Beckham debut

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mr. X, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

I realize this may be a bit of old news, but I was wondering how your paper played David Beckham's debut with the Los Angeles Galaxy Saturday.

Was there anything staff-written in addition to whatever was run from The Associated Press or other wire sources?

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Nothing staff written for us. I don't even know if it got in our paper because we have such early deadlines, but we will have some staff generated copy from this coming Tuesday's game.

3. Mooninite

Mooninite Member

Who is this Beckham of which you speak?

4. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Story and photo on an inside page, much to the chagrin of the anti-soccer element on the rest of the staff.

5. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Same with Serve. I would have rather not run it because, well, no one cares in my part of the country, but he had some extra space with really nothing else of substance to fill it. I almost considered running a poker story instead, but found my senses.

Draft saved Draft deleted