1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Plastic Bag Tax

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KevinmH9, Aug 22, 2008.

1. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Really attractive women shop there. That makes it cool with me.

2. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Get a real grocery store, womack! :D

I have canvas bags from Publix, Kroger, Food Lion, Target and Wal-Mart, and multiple ones from Publix and Kroger, because I shop there the most. I cannot live without them. I keep a pile of them in my car so they're usually there when I need them, and they are fantastic. Whatever you can fit in the handheld shopping basket, you can fit in the canvas bag, and the handles don't slice through your skin like when you try to carry too many plastic bags. Once you start using them, you will never want to go back.

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

We have canvas bags but I brought some extra back from France. They're very roomy and have loops inside to put your wine bottles through so that they don't fall over and your load stays balanced.

I like the French. :D

4. KG

KG Active Member

I love using the canvas bags. I have them from all over too. I've just picked them up occasionally when I saw them. I even have one with Mickey from the Disney store I picked up on sale for 25 cents. I don't care about making sure I have a specific bag in a specific store. My Walgreens bag and others go with me to Kroger too. Speaking of Walgreens, it's my favorite one because it is stronger and bigger.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Next up: bottled water.

London, Ontario has has already banned them from sale in municipal facilities like arenas, parks and golf courses.

6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

My household also has ended its dependence on bottled water. We have some sweet BPA-free bottles we refill at will. Very liberating decision.

7. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

i like plenty at trader joe's but at the one near me, it is lacking in both the amount of produce and quality.

as for plastic bags, i re-use them when i walk my dog.

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I only use paper.

Use plastic, and the ugly girl might suffocate.

(The better-looking ones usually put bags over their heads so that they don't have to see me.)

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Without plastic grocery bags....
    What are cat owners supposed to scoop their cat's litter boxes into?
    What are dog owners supposed to put their dog's crap in when they take the dog for a walk and need to curb their pet?
    What am I supposed to bring dinner to work in so I can just toss it right in the fridge at the office? (seems kinda dumb to put a cooler bag into the fridge, but at least one or two people do it)
    Plastic bags are a necessary evil.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

When I moved to a place that had consumable tap water, I bought a Brita and haven't looked back.

Bottled water is terrible for the environment and tap water is perfectly fine in at least 60 percent of the country.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

60%? Really? That low?

We have a Britta although HC claims it's a waste of fridge space.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Publix. Target. Wally World.

Draft saved Draft deleted