1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Planning trip to Yankee Stadium/NYC ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The subway is the best of the multiple dreadful options . . . even in the summer, during high season, when in the rush to the park you're doing the sardine while praying that the insufficient air-conditioning doesn't break down completely.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Why couldn't I take a cab? For $6, my whole life could've changed. What is that on my leg? I'll never get out of here. What if I'm here for the rest of my life? Maybe I'll get out in five seconds. One banana, two banana, three banana, four banana, five banana ... no, I'm still here! Still here! Why don't they start moving? Move! Move!! Move! (Train starts moving, lights get back on) It's moving! It's moving! Yes! Yes!! (Train stops again and lights go off) Motherf ... !!!

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Free.

LIE is the highway. L.I. Railroad is the train.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Oh. Oops.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

What subway line do I take to Yankee Stadium from the mid-town/TimesSquare area?

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Midtown? The B or D.

Park Avenue? The 4.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

If you are at 42nd and Broadway or 7th, you can walk over to 6th Avenue & 42nd Street and catch the D train at Bryant Park up to the Stadium. Get off at 161st Street -- follow the crowds. I have this irrational hatred of the D train, so you might also consider what I would do, which is catch the shuttle or 7 train from Times Square across town to 42nd and Lex. Get off and transfer to the 4 Train, which will also take you up to the Stadium. Either one, you are looking at a quick ride: 15 to 20 minutes, max if you are going to a night game, because it is still rush hour time, in which trains are coming fairly quickly.

8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I get the 4 from 125th station...Its crowded as heck, but saves the parking. And the 20-bucks it does cost to park is nothing compared to Fenway. Its like $50 anything nearby.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Thanks pern.

Draft saved Draft deleted