1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Planning trip to Yankee Stadium/NYC ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Mar 28, 2008.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

According to the Yankees Web site, Monument Park opens when the gates do and closes 45 minutes before game time. So for a 1:30 game, you're looking at a 12:45 closing. For a 1:05 game, you're looking at 12:20 p.m.

Depending on how bad the crowds are in mid-September (and I suspect they'll be crazy, in those final few weeks), you might want to get there closer to 10:45-11 a.m. You can always watch more BP. You'll regret missing Monument Park because the line got too long. Don't miss it.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I plan on being there, in the parking lot, no later than 10:30, just for that. Of course, there's a lot of planning left to do; I'm surprising three people with tickets in the next few months. But I'm not real far from the stadium, so it's just a matter of setting the alarm clock a little earlier.

But I'm more into this for my grandma and my dad, too -- even though we're not the best of buds. They got me into baseball, and they're Yankees fans, and they grew up watching the people in Monument Park. So while I've studied the history, they lived it. This trip is more for them than me. I'll camp out there if that's what it takes.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

This guy agrees:

[​IMG]

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

And, yes, I believe that's Kevin Youkilis. :D

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That kid doesn't look right in the head.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Well, he is a Yankee fan.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

To be fair, HB, it's been 10 years since they've won a title.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Come October, it will be eight years since they won a title. I know. Because the day after Evil won its last title, I got into three scraps for wearing a Turk Wendell jersey.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm fairly certain the World Series was canceled that year.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'm fairly certain I wish a Met--any Met--would have grabbed the splintered bat and shoved it up Clemens' steroid riddled ass.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

That is an uncanny resemblance.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I think it would have ruled the world if Benny Agbayani was that Met.

Draft saved Draft deleted