1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pizza Hut is dead, long live The Hut

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jun 19, 2009.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Oh, my it gets even better in the next paragraph:

I can just some Hut in D.C. sponsoring a kickball team, then getting the teams to come in after the game and have a beer slam/WoF tournament.

2. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

3. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

This just in: Jabba is filing for trademark infringement.

4. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Have you been to Arby's in the last five years? I keep expecting them to announce offering pancakes and bacon, or shrimp and sushi. It's a joke what they've done to their once simple -- do one thing right and do it well -- menu.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Gourmet coffee at McDonalds has been one of the most successful moves any fast food chain has made in the last 10 years.

6. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

For every one of the Pizza Huts currently open and doing decent business, there's another that serves fewer than 50 people per day and only waiting to close its doors.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sounds like Pizza Hut is trying to imitate the newspaper industry. Instead of concentrating on what they do right, they seek a bunch of lousy gimmicks that mess up the product.

And how will this generation understand how evil Pizza The Hut was in Spaceballs if the name is changed?

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

First he lost his Druish princess, now his identity...

9. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

In a related marketing catch-up move, Papa John's will now be known as "The John."

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

If this works, Domino's is bringing back the Noid.

11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Jus' saying it fit in with my do one thing well meme. The Subway $5 footlong has also wildly popular, but they make sandwiches and just that.

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted