1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PIX-11 unavailable on Cablevision

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by casty33, Aug 18, 2012.

1. casty33

casty33 Active Member

I don't know if anybody else has this problem, or if it even belongs on a Journalism thread, but I won't be able to watch the Mets-Nationals game tonight because PIX-11 has decided it needs more money, or something. Does anybody know what, if anything, can be done about this? (Other than not watching).
    I'd accept any suggestions, other than grow up and avoid getting frustrated watching Jason Bay try to hit, or Frank Francisco try to pitch.
    Thank you everybody.

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Try a streaming site.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX, PIX

Someone who grew up in New York will get it.

4. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

This thread is useless without Pix

5. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

If you live in the area, maybe pick up rabbit ears? They sell for cheap. They even broadcast in HD.

6. Gold

Gold Active Member

The game is on mlb channel on cable. It might be blacked out in Jersey.

Be thankful because you can listen to the radio, and be thankful because you don't have to listen to John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It's kind of like when I first got cable in the mid-80s and was excited to see so many games on then-WTBS. Someone then noted, "yeah, but you have to watch them play the Braves." Think the same applies here.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I laughed.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Cablevision is worthless without Pix?

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

The complete gallery of the logos.

Draft saved Draft deleted