1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pittsburgh Steelers all-time team

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zagoshe, Oct 25, 2007.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

I tried to imply that earlier in this thread, spnited, but I guess I was too subtle. No such worry with the previous post.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Way too subtle pall. Gotta hit these fanboys over the head.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I wish all the fanboys would find someplace else to post their fanboy crap.

4. But Chickie, Tunch was a Sycamore!!

5. sportschick

That doesn't change anything, dammit!!!!!

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

See, Pallister, that's how it's done.

I love this girl... and Stan is cool, too.

7. sportschick

Stan adores you, Spnited :D

And if you were 40 years younger, I'd ask ya out ;)

8. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Lipps played for average teams. A great talent, but Ward was an essential part of a Super Bowl champion and two more of the franchise's greatest regular-season teams (2001 and 2004). No way they were leaving him out.
    The clearest omission was John Henry Johnson, a Hall of Fame player who was snubbed in favor of sentimental favorite Rocky Bleier. Someone shoulda corrected that.
    I, too, would have gone with Kirkland over Porter. That's a no-brainer. If he hadn't played as he did vs. Indy in the 2005 AFC playoffs, Porter would have been hard to make any case for.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Can 93Devil turn this into four or five polls? Pretty please?

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

da man...that's what I get for not doing my research on Dudley. I knew how good he was, but not how long he spent with the team.

twoback, excellent call on Johnson. I'm with you there.

And spnited, pallister and sportschick? You don't like the thread? Please feel free to NOT CLICK ON IT! :)

I smile, but there are plenty of threads on this board I have no interest in. You know what I do? I don't read it. This is a debate about sports, a pretty good one at that. If you have nothing to contribute and no interest in the topic, just go away.

Thank you and have a nice day.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Love Rocky Blier but it just seems like he should not be on list. Besides John Henry Johnson, Dick Hoak is another RB that should have been included. On bad Steeler teams he was their best player in the late 60's/ early 70's.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Why don't you just go someplace else? That would solve all of our problems....

Draft saved Draft deleted